MaNGOSR2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MaNGOSR2

MangosR2 is a free, open source MMORPG framework, derived from MaNGOS project

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Roadmap" of R2 working

+3
michalpolko
softbest
rsa
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty "Roadmap" of R2 working Mon Jul 02 2012, 19:52

rsa

rsa
Admin

In accordance with the request, i'm publish a roadmap for further changes in the R2 core. Small fixes by issues does not included, as in the plan does not include possible plans of other members of the R2 team.

Core (theme, current availability, planned finish):
Map based transport system: 20% 09.2012
Transport maps: (include NPC): 30% 01.2013
WorldState manager: 50% 80% 08.2012 90% at 1.09.12 - 100% (12.2012)
Full rewrite damage system on DamageInfo: 100% (12.2012)
Per-effect spell system: 10% 30% 1.09.12 - 01.2013
Unattended realm daemon: 20% 01.2013
Separate map servers: 10% 02-05.2013 20% 9.2013
Windows compile with SD2 over cmake - 100% (12.2012)

perspective (only if project not be died)
Syslog-based log system: 0% 10% (9.2013) ?
DB based opcode handling: 100% ?
DLL-based DBC loading: 0% ?
Windows autocompile with MinGW32/64: 25% ?
Calendar manager (from TC) - 90% (01.2013) 100%

ScriptDev2: currently no plans.

if anybody may add some ideas (with self-realization) - welcome.

Last edited by rsa on Wed Sep 25 2013, 18:34; edited 5 times in total

2"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Mon Jul 02 2012, 21:35

softbest

I'm working on WG.
WG. Status : 50 - 70 %

I think that we can work together

3"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Tue Jul 03 2012, 03:44

rsa

rsa
Admin

softbest wrote:I'm working on WG.
WG. Status : 50 - 70 %

I think that we can work together
well be good. if need, features may be added "steo-by-step", by some separate tested patrts.

4"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 09:55

michalpolko

michalpolko

I was thinking about something that might remove a lot of nasty hacks from the code - not loading data from dbc, but from mangos database (new database called as example: mangos_dbc for easier understanding).

Currently we have spell_dbc table in db, in which we modify some data that doesnt fit to what is implemented in core (for example we add an attribute of ignore LoS). My "dream" ;] is to have all data in db, where we can modify it to fit our core.

Why do this? Because we don't know true meaning of most of spell attributes or vehicle flags etc. Also, it is possible that blizzard used completely different data than this found in dbc.
This approach is more like doing our own server application than doing an imitation of blizz's server application. Playing a detective who must resolve true meaning of data stored in dbc is hard and now without wotlk in live servers we cant even obtain data from sniffs.

I would be willing to do that if you people think that it's a good idea. ;)

5"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 10:36

rsa

rsa
Admin

michalpolko wrote:
I would be willing to do that if you people think that it's a good idea. ;)
I have repeatedly said that this is a good idea. however, if its implementation will have to make an easy and convenient multi-platform tools for initial filling of the base. if you're willing to drag this burden - than I can help :)

6"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 10:48

michalpolko

michalpolko

For extracting the data from dbc I will probably use mangos, since it already has implemented reading the dbc data, then just store it in files as sql queries.

Maybe I will start this tonight ;)

7"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 14:22

KiriX

KiriX
Admin

All dbc in sql? Or I don't understand you?

http://aetherius.ru

8"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 15:00

michalpolko

michalpolko

Yes. This way, if something doesn't work as intended, you can add sql update instead of writing weird hacks. It is already partially done with spell_dbc table, but I want to move the rest of dbc as well, in case any other such problems appear.

9"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 15:01

Undergarun

Undergarun

Cross-Realm Instances and Battlegrounds.
4.3.4 Branch for development, hopefully YTDB can support us!
Voice Chat support?
GM Surveys

10"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 15:16

KiriX

KiriX
Admin

michalpolko wrote:Yes. This way, if something doesn't work as intended, you can add sql update instead of writing weird hacks. It is already partially done with spell_dbc table, but I want to move the rest of dbc as well, in case any other such problems appear.
Oh, I'm agree =)
Undergarun wrote:Cross-Realm Instances and Battlegrounds.
Voice Chat support?
GM Surveys
YTDB is will not support MaNGOSR2... We had a very heated discussion on ru-mangos.ru... YrTDB team will never be support MaNGOSR2 (as they saying at that moment).
But +1 to all your points =)

11"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 15:43

rsa

rsa
Admin

michalpolko wrote:Yes. This way, if something doesn't work as intended, you can add sql update instead of writing weird hacks. It is already partially done with spell_dbc table, but I want to move the rest of dbc as well, in case any other such problems appear.
but please, don't forget possibility for having some DBC sets (for different versions of game) and some languages for any set. also need advance to be ready for the transition to DB2/3/99/...

12"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 15:47

rsa

rsa
Admin

Voice Chat support?
GM Surveys
Unattended realm daemon + Separate map servers = cross-realm maps (not only instances/bg)
4.xx don't be maked by YTDB team, as i see. also for realization 4.[ on R2 currently no real possibility (coders and needed info).
Voice chat not intresting for me, may be some another? "GM surveys" - what it is?

13"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 16:15

KiriX

KiriX
Admin

rsa wrote:
Voice Chat support?
GM Surveys
4.xx don't be maked by YTDB team, as i see. also for realization 4.[ on R2 currently no real possibility (coders and needed info).
As I said - DB is not problem, I can start support DB for 4.x
I'm not coders, but I know that it's interesting for codels, he can help.
And I have wow-account for info gathering from blizz =)

Just start "Roadmap" of R2 working 1071211947 Resources coming "Roadmap" of R2 working 1071211947

14"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 16:36

michalpolko

michalpolko

rsa wrote:but please, don't forget possibility for having some DBC sets (for different versions of game) and some languages for any set. also need advance to be ready for the transition to DB2/3/99/...
What do you mean by sets of DBC for different versions of game? You mean language versions ENGB, ENUS, RURU etc.? That would require implementation of an application that would do exporting all dbc data to sql queries.

And I don't understand the last part of your post (transition to DB2/3/99?). :P

15"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 19:37

rsa

rsa
Admin

michalpolko wrote:
What do you mean by sets of DBC for different versions of game? You mean language versions ENGB, ENUS, RURU etc.? That would require implementation of an application that would do exporting all dbc data to sql queries.

And I don't understand the last part of your post (transition to DB2/3/99?). :P
1. for example - special tablenames (like 12345_spell_dbc), or special index in tables. i don't know :) possible need special database for DBC.
2. yes
3. yes, need special utility. like Darkstalker's
4. currently we use DBC, on 1.12 we use DB0, on 4.x used DB2 file format. possible be used DB3 file format in 5.0 :) need universal mechanic.

16"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 19:44

KiriX

KiriX
Admin

rsa wrote:1. for example - special tablenames (like 12345_spell_dbc), or special index in tables. i don't know :) possible need special database for DBC.
4. currently we use DBC, on 1.12 we use DB0, on 4.x used DB2 file format. possible be used DB3 file format in 5.0 :) need universal mechanic.
1) need special database for DBC - I think about it too. Good idea.
3) but this utilites is already exits, isn't it?

17"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Wed Jul 04 2012, 19:53

michalpolko

michalpolko

Algorithm for reading dbc is in mangos, so we just need to use it.

If I will do this, then I will probably do this for currently used dbc format and lang version that I'm using, enus that is. Other stuff can be implemented afterwards. Small steps ;)

18"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Thu Jul 05 2012, 04:06

rsa

rsa
Admin

michalpolko wrote:Other stuff can be implemented afterwards. Small steps ;)
Not need implement other stuff currently, but need make possible feature implementation easy - i don't know methods, "in-config" DBC format definitions or make low-level reading in DLL... may be many ways.

19"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Fri Jul 27 2012, 14:44

michalpolko

michalpolko

About the idea of storing data in mysql DB instead of dbc: I might find some time for it in the middle of August.

I've been thinking about it some more recently and seems that I've forgotten to write the most important thing I wanted to implement together with this: custom fields for spell table.
I want to add columns to remove hardcoded hacks, maxTargets and custom attributes for spells handling, first for spells targeting (attribute for targeting tank, targeting ranged players, max targets for spell etc. - stuff for spells of raid bosses that require hardcoded checks right now for every spell).
After that it might be useful to add custom attributes for spells that we know should work in some way but we don't know any attribute that would describe that mechanic for all spells. And later, if such attribute would be discovered in original attributes from dbc, we would just remove that custom attribute and everything would still work in the proper way.

What do you think about it? Is it too much of modification (mangos-like approach) or do you agree with me that it's better to extend and modify the spells table (maybe even more in future if needed) than fail in researching true meaning of some data in dbc?

20"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Fri Jul 27 2012, 16:06

rsa

rsa
Admin

I think it's a good idea. but do not directly add data to this kind of DBC "snapshot", it is necessary to create a complementary table, creating an object that is included in the information about the effect (or spell. need work with other effect separate, as in 4.x). would also be interesting to be able to effekt scripting, but that's the theory ... Reamer has now prepared the ground for such a change.
about the large number of changes - I think that the worst will be gone. either need to somehow move forward or die as Mangos (look at the mangos master or SD2 for example. over a year no any new...). and to move - it is necessary to try.

21"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Mon Dec 31 2012, 13:02

Antz

Hi Guys, this is something I have been working on for Mangos, please check out this repo... no dbc server

The AD.exe has been modified to allow extraction of SQL & CSV files.

Very early version but should be a good starting point for people to look at

22"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Tue Jan 01 2013, 07:50

rsa

rsa
Admin

you probably do not fully understand the real situation to the development. Now there are very few active developers, they do a limited set of topics, each has its own "garden". This topic is not in the interests of any of the developers. if you are doing it - please join P2 and continue to develop the project. if not, we will have to wait until the code will be modified to stability and then take it for service - there is simply no one to understand this code bundle, many other problems ...

PS HNY!

23"Roadmap" of R2 working Empty Re: "Roadmap" of R2 working Sun Oct 13 2013, 21:58

dokman

It's not updated the % of every thing you have worked in this time @rsa and all the team is a good work ^^ but this roadmap is a little old i think

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum